Friday 30 January 2009

Ofcom: If the media regulator can't protect its own data what hope is there for the rest of us?



Currently Ofcom is sending waves throughout the blogosphere and national media at large due to the this week's much anticipated Digital Britain report.

Rather than chip in with my own opinion on the green paper I'm here to shed light on Ofcom's incompetence at handling their own data.

After applying for a role at Ofcom late last year, I received an email this morning informing me that I had been rejected. However, the email included the addresses of the hundreds of other applicants who had also been unsuccessful.

Considering Ofcom is a media regulator, this situation is ludicrous. In turn, I take exception to my email being passed on unsolicited to hundreds of other individuals. This creates mass opportunieis for data harvesting.

The phrase "couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery" comes to mind.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: