Sunday 27 April 2008

World Internet Stats



I've been a bit cheeky by nicking this from Gerd Leonhard on the brilliant mediafuturist.com

What is fascinating about these stats is how much of the pie is taken up by Asia. I guess this isn't surprising if you consider countries like South Korea and Japan are the most technologically advanced in the world, and have the greatest broadband penetration and concentration of fibre optics. These countries also love accessing their web on their mobile, and I believe they use this device to get online more than their mainframe PCs and laptops.

I have a great book called Digital Korea (by Tom T Ahonen & Jim O'Reilly) which is about how the convergence of broadband itnernet, digital TV, 3G Cell Phones etc etc results in South Korea being the most technologically advanced country in the world. But like the rest of the ever increasing pile on my windowsill, it is just going to have get read once I finish my impending Masters degree.

No comments: